Who Is Taking This Course? (required)
Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
As of 2013, the WHS Act and WHS Regulations, supported by the Codes of Practice, have been adopted by the Commonwealth, Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, and Tasmania. The WHS Regulations identify control measures that must be applied to specific work activities and hazards, including compliance and enforcement. Fall prevention and construction regulations are covered under Chapters 4 and 6, respectively, of the Work Health and Safety Regulations.
Who must take this course?
Everyone is responsible for making sure that safety procedures are followed when work is being done at height. However, according to the Australian regulations, the person conducting a business or undertaking who has management or control of the construction project has the primary responsibility to ensure that workers and other persons are not exposed to health and safety risks.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this Construction Fall Protection Australia training online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a printable Construction Fall Protection Australia training certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our Construction Fall Protection Australia Training course consists of content, audio, graphics, self check questions and a final exam.
The Construction Fall Protection Australia Course is designed for anyone working at heights in the construction industry, emphasising hazard identification and safe work procedures.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- About This Course
- Section 1-Course Objectives
- Section 2-Introduction to Construction Fall Protection Training
- Section 3-Basic Concepts and Definitions
- High Risk Construction Work
- Risk of a Fall
- Reasonably Practicable
- Competent Person
- Section 4-Managing Risks with Construction Work
- Identifying Hazards
- Assessing the Risks
- Controlling the Risks
- Reviewing Control Measures
- Section 5-Hierarchy of Control
- Level 1: Work on the Ground or on a Solid Construction
- Work on the Ground
- Work on a Solid Construction
- Level 2: Fall Prevention Devices
- Temporary Work Platforms
- Trestle Scaffolds
- Elevating Work Platforms
- Perimeter Guardrailing
- Safety Mesh
- Level 3: Work Positioning Systems
- Level 4: Fall-arrest Systems
- Safety Nets
- Catch Platforms
- Individual Fall-arrest Systems
- Level 5A: Ladders and Plasterer's Stilts
- Plasterer's Stilts
- Level 5B: Administrative Controls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Section 6-Safe Work Methods for Common Tasks
- Floor Laying
- Fixing Ceiling Joists and Upper Level Floor Joists
- Guarding Openings
- Wall Framing
- Constructing Roofs
- Fixing Roof Battens to Trusses
- Installation of Battens
- Section 7-Roofing Considerations
- Critical Angle
- Access and Egress
- Steep Roofs
- Section 8-Safety Regulations
- Work Health and Safety (WHS)
- Other Regulations
- Construction Induction Training
- Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- Section 9-Responsibilities
- Designers, Manufacturers, Suppliers, Importers and Installers
- Persons Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU)
- Other Persons
- Section 10-Emergency Procedures
- Section 11-Summary
- Section 12-Additional Resources
- Section 13-Exam
According to Part 3.2 General Workplace Management of the Model Work Health and Safety Regulations there is no requirement for retraining or recertification on Construction Fall Protection.