Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online construction scaffold safety training and certification course follows the regulations set forth in OSHA 29 CFR § 1926 Subpart L Scaffolds Safety Standards for Scaffolds Used in the Construction Industry.
Who must take this course?
OSHA 29 CFR § 1926.454 Training requirements states: This section supplements and clarifies the requirements of § 1926.21(b)(2) as these relate to the hazards of work on scaffolds.
(a) The employer shall have each employee who performs work while on a scaffold trained by a person qualified in the subject matter to recognize the hazards associated with the type of scaffold being used and to understand the procedures to control or minimize those hazards.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 6 hours to complete this OSHA Construction Scaffold Safety Training online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a printable Construction Scaffolding Safety Training certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.6 CEUs (or 6 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our OSHA Construction Scaffolding Safety course consists of content, graphics, audio, self check (non-scored) questions, and a final exam.
This training is intended as an overview of the Safety Standards for Scaffolds Used in the Construction Industry, providing explanations of the various requirements set by OSHA. The approach is to cover hazard identification, avoidance, and control, along with practical information on safe work practices.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- About this course
- Hazards overview
- OSHA overview
- About scaffold hazards
- Types of scaffolds
- Scaffold worker groupings
- OSHA scaffold standard highlights
- Scaffold capacity
- Scaffold platform construction
- Suspended scaffolds
- Fall protection
- Electrical hazards
- Personnel Training and Competent Persons
- Wood planking
- Single-point adjustable scaffolds
- Catenary scaffolds
- Multi-point adjustable scaffolds
- Interior hung scaffolds
- Needle beam scaffolds
- Multi-level scaffolds
- Float (ship) scaffolds
- Supported scaffolds
- Mobile scaffolds
- Pump jack scaffolds
- Ladder jack scaffolds
- Tube and Coupler scaffolds
- Pole scaffolds
- Specialty and other scaffolds
- Aerial scaffolds
- Training and retraining
When the employer has reason to believe that an employee lacks the skill or understanding needed for safe work involving the erection, use or dismantling of scaffolds, the employer shall retrain each such employee so that the requisite proficiency is regained. Retraining is required in at least the following situations:
(1) Where changes at the worksite present a hazard about which an employee has not been previously trained; or
(2) Where changes in the types of scaffolds, fall protection, falling object protection, or other equipment present a hazard about which an employee has not been previously trained; or
(3) Where inadequacies in an affected employee's work involving scaffolds indicate that the employee has not retained the requisite proficiency.
It is our recommendation that workers be retrained at least every three years.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- OSHA Aerial Boom Lift Safety
- Arc Flash Safety
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Chemical Hazards & Toxic Substances-Construction
- OSHA Construction Asbestos Hazards
- OSHA Construction Confined Space
- OSHA Construction Confined Space Competent Person
- OSHA Construction Electrical Safety
- OSHA Construction Ergonomics
- OSHA Construction Fall Protection
- OSHA Construction Hot Work
- OSHA Construction Lead Hazards
- OSHA Construction Lockout Tagging of Circuits
- OSHA Construction Silica Safety
- OSHA Construction Steel Erection
- OSHA Cranes, Derricks & Hoists
- OSHA Eye & Face Protection
- OSHA Fork Lift Safety
- OSHA Hearing Conservation & Protection
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- Industrial Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Ladder & Stairway Safety
- OSHA Mold, Mold Prevention, and Mold Remediation
- OSHA Nail Gun Safety
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Scissor Lift Safety
- OSHA Slips, Trips & Falls - Construction Industry
- OSHA Trenching & Excavation Safety
- Workplace First Aid Overview