Construction Falling Objects Hazard Reduction and Elimination
There are many ways to eliminate or reduce the hazards of falling objects, as follows:
- Use tool lanyards to prevent tools from falling.
- Warn workers of the hazards on the jobsite.
- If an item is not necessary for the task at hand, keep it least 3 feet from a leading edge.
- Do not put items in loose or unsealed pockets.
- Do not hang items over guardrails.
- Make use of toeboards, and inspect them often.
- Keep tools and equipment in containers that can be closed or covered.
To learn more about Fall Protection visit our OSHA Construction Fall Protection Online Training Certification Course web page.