Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online water safety course satisfies the training requirements of OSHA 29 CFR § 1918.105 and other Health and Safety Concerns related to Drowning and other Water Hazards.
Who must take this course?
Any workers that work on, in, or near bodies of water as part of their job.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the course?
It will take a MINIMUM of 1 hour to complete this OSHA Drowning, Water Hazards & Safety online safety training course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a printable OSHA Drowning, Water Hazards & Safety Training certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.1 CEUs (or 1 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our OSHA Drowning, Water Hazards & Safety Certification Safety Training course consists of content, graphics, and a final exam.
This course covers drowning and water hazards. This course describes various hazards posed by working on, in, or around bodies of water (such as drowning; slips trips and falls; and biological hazards like marine animals and snakes), government agencies with related standards (OSHA, U.S. Coast Guard), along with hazard controls that can be used to protect the health and safety of workers.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- potential water-related hazards,
- drowning hazards,
- cold water hazards,
- fall protection,
- Personal Floatation Devices (PFDs),
- controls, including:
- engineering/technological solutions
- work practices and training
- Personal Protective Equipment
OSHA has not specified any time frame for required retraining or recertification for Drowning, Water Hazards & Safety. Since there is no OSHA standard dealing with this specific hazard the OSH Act general duty clause, section 5(a)(1), 29 U.S.C. 654(b)(1) defines the standard which provides that:
(a) Each employer -
(1) shall furnish to each of his employees employment and a place of employment which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm to his employees.
A recognized hazard is a danger recognized by the employer's industry or industry in general, by the employer, or by common sense. The general duty clause does not apply if there is an OSHA standard dealing with the hazard, unless the employer knows that the standard does not adequately address the hazard.
Therefore it is our recommendation that workers be retrained at least every three years.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- OSHA Aerial Boom Lift Safety
- OSHA Ammonia Refrigeration
- Arc Flash Safety
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens for Tattoo Artists & Body Piercers
- OSHA Industry Chemical Hazards & Toxic Substances
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Confined Space Entry
- OSHA Confined Space Competent Person/Supervisor
- OSHA Cranes, Derricks & Hoists
- OSHA Crude Oil Hazards
- OSHA Dipping, Coating, and Cleaning Operations Training
- OSHA Electrical Safety
- OSHA Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, & Fire Protection
- OSHA Eye & Face Protection
- Firefighter Confined Space Entry
- OSHA General & Maritime Silica Safety
- OSHA Fork Lift Training
- OSHA Hand & Power Tool Safety (General Industry)
- OSHA GHS Hazard Communication (Right to Know)
- OSHA Hearing Conservation & Protection
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- OSHA Hot Work General Industry
- OSHA Ionizing Radiation Safety
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Ladder & Stairway Safety
- OSHA Laser Safety
- Industrial Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Lockout Tagout
- OSHA Machine Guarding
- OSHA Mold Abatement, Remediation & Removal
- OSHA Office Ergonomics
- OSHA Oil and Gas Extraction
- OSHA Oil Spill Cleanup Hazards Overview
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Personal Protective Equipment
- OSHA Fire Extinguisher Training
- OSHA Respiratory Protection
- OSHA Scissor Lift Safety
- OSHA Walking Working Surfaces
- OSHA Trenching & Excavation Safety
- Workplace First Aid