Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
The regulations regarding the training of miners, specifically those involved in shell dredging or those who are employed at sand, gravel, surface stone, surface clay, colloidal phosphate, or surface limestone mines, are found in 30 CFR Part 46. The requirements set forth in these regulations are mandatory. The Mine and Safety Act also authorized the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) to advise on health standards for miners, personal protective equipment, and hazard measurement instruments. It also allowed for the administration of a medical surveillance program for miners.
Who must take this course?
This course is designed for operators, supervisors, safety personnel, and all other individuals who work at surface mines, and are involved in creating, implementing and completing a training plan.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a printable certificate and wallet card for MSHA Part 46 Training Plan proof of training.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our MSHA Part 46 Training Plan training course consists of content, graphics, audio, self-check questions, and a final exam.
- Instructor information
- Teaching methods
- Course materials
- Allotted training time
- Record-keeping procedures
To ensure that the training has been thoroughly taught and comprehended, a set of evaluation procedures must also be developed.
An overview of the following topics are covered in this course:
- About This Course
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to the MSHA Part 46
- Fatality and Injury Statistics
- Key Terms
- Minimum Requirements of a Training Plan
- Training Programs
- Evaluation Procedures
- MSHA Mine ID Number
- Designated Person Responsible for Training
- Training Programs
- Instructor Information
- Teaching Methods
- Course Materials
- Training Time Allotted
- Record Keeping
- Evaluation and Effectiveness
- New Miner Training
- Newly Hired Experienced Miner
- New Task Training
- Annual Refresher Training
- Site-Specific Hazard Awareness Training
- The Training Plan Process
- Miner Requests for Approval
- Miners' Representative
- Training Plan Submission
- Training Plan Approval
- Independent Contractor Training
- Additional Resources
This MSHA Part 46 Training Plan is a Guide to help the student with an understanding of the necessary elements and requirements of creating a training plan for their specific mine site.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- MSHA Part 46 New Miner
- MSHA Part 46 Refresher
- MSHA Surface Mining Material Handling
- MSHA Mining Electrical Safety Training
- MSHA Miners Rights & Responsibilities
- MSHA Part 56 Surface Powered Haulage Equipment and Safety
- MSHA Part 48 Subpart B
- MSHA Surface Mining Confined Space
- MSHA Surface Mining Emergency Procedures
- MSHA Surface Mining Hazards Overview
- MSHA Surface Mining Personal Protective Equipment
- MSHA Surface Mining Traffic Patterns & Controls
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Fork Lift Training
- OSHA General & Maritime Silica Safety
- OSHA GHS Hazard Communication (Right to Know)
- OSHA Hearing Conservation & Protection
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Lockout Tagout
- OSHA Machine Guarding
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Respiratory Protection
- Workplace First Aid