Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online course satisfies the training requirements of OSHA 29 CFR § 1910.132-1910.138 Personal Protective Equipment Standard.
Who must take this course?
OSHA requires all persons who perform tasks or enter areas where personal protective equipment or clothing is needed to receive this training.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the course?
It will take a MINIMUM of 1 hour to complete this online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a printable OSHA Personal Protective Equipment Training certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.1 CEUs (or 1 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our OSHA Personal Protective Equipment Training course consists of content, graphics, audio, and a final exam.
This online course describes the relevant standards, different types of PPE, and the hazards they protect against.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- what the relevant standards cover,
- hazard controls, including:
- engineering/technological solutions
- work practices and training
- PPE overview,
- Types of protection, including:
- Special protection
- General PPE information
- Employee responsibilities
The length of time for which the training is valid is determined by OSHA 29 CFR § 1910.132 Personal Protective Equipment:
The employer shall provide training to each employee who is required by this section to use PPE.
When the employer has reason to believe that any affected employee who has already been trained does not have the understanding and skill required by paragraph (f)(2) of this section, the employer shall retrain each such employee. Circumstances where retraining is required include, but are not limited to, situations where:
Changes in the workplace render previous training obsolete; or
Changes in the types of PPE to be used render previous training obsolete; or
Inadequacies in an affected employee's knowledge or use of assigned PPE indicate that the employee has not retained the requisite understanding or skill.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- OSHA Aerial Boom Lift Safety
- OSHA Ammonia Refrigeration
- Arc Flash Safety
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens for Tattoo Artists & Body Piercers
- OSHA Industry Chemical Hazards & Toxic Substances
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Confined Space Entry
- OSHA Confined Space Competent Person/Supervisor
- OSHA Cranes, Derricks & Hoists
- OSHA Crude Oil Hazards
- OSHA Dipping, Coating, and Cleaning Operations Training
- OSHA Water Safety, Drowning, Hazards
- OSHA Electrical Safety
- OSHA Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, & Fire Protection
- OSHA Eye & Face Protection
- Firefighter Confined Space Entry
- OSHA General & Maritime Silica Safety
- OSHA Fork Lift Training
- OSHA Hand & Power Tool Safety (General Industry)
- OSHA GHS Hazard Communication (Right to Know)
- OSHA Hearing Conservation & Protection
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- OSHA Hot Work General Industry
- OSHA Ionizing Radiation Safety
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Ladder & Stairway Safety
- OSHA Laser Safety
- Industrial Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Lockout Tagout
- OSHA Machine Guarding
- OSHA Mold Abatement, Remediation & Removal
- OSHA Office Ergonomics
- OSHA Oil and Gas Extraction
- OSHA Oil Spill Cleanup Hazards Overview
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Fire Extinguisher Training
- OSHA Respiratory Protection
- OSHA Scissor Lift Safety
- OSHA Walking Working Surfaces
- OSHA Trenching & Excavation Safety
- Workplace First Aid