Who Is Taking This Course? (required)
Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and you can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH), better known as Cal/OSHA, is charged with protecting the health and safety of workers in California. Most of the Cal/OSHA regulations related to fall protection in construction can be found in 8 CCR, Chapter 4. Division of Industrial Safety, Subchapter 4. Construction Safety Orders. The full text of the Cal/OSHA standards can be found online at the California Department of Labor Relations website. A link to this website is provided in the Additional Resources section at the end of this course.
Who must take this course?
Cal/OSHA construction safety orders establish minimum safety standards whenever employment exists in connection with construction, alteration, painting, repairing, construction maintenance, renovation, removal, or wrecking of any fixed structure or its parts. The orders also apply to all excavations not covered by other safety orders for a specific industry or operation.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- About This Course
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to Cal/OSHA Construction Fall Protection Safety
- Key Terms
- Injury Statistics
- Cal/OSHA Construction Fall Protection Regulations
- Fall Protection Trigger Heights
- Employer Responsibilities
- Fall Protection Requirements for Construction Activities
- Cranes and Derricks
- Cranes and Derricks-Fall Protection Requirements by Task
- Steel Erection-General Requirements
- Steel Erection-Safety Training Requirements
- Steel Erection-Fall Protection Requirements by Task
- Steel Erection-Controlled Decking Zones
- Fall Prevention and Protection Systems
- Toeboards and Covers
- Required Guardrail, Toeboard, or Cover Protection by Location
- Personal Fall Arrest, Personal Fall Restraint, and Positioning Device Systems
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems-Components
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems-Employer Requirements
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems-Standards
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems-Additional Standards
- Personal Fall Restraint Systems
- Positioning Device Systems
- Safety Net Systems
- Site-Specific Fall Protection Plan
- Site-Specific Fall Protection Plan-Elements
- Controlled Access Zones
- Safety Monitoring Systems
- Ladders and Scaffolds
- Ladders-General Requirements
- Ladders-Safety Training Requirements
- Ladders-Safe Usage
- Scaffolds-General Requirements
- Scaffolds-Erection and Dismantling
- Scaffolds-Working Loads
- Scaffolds-Safe Usage
- Additional Resources
Our Cal/OSHA Construction Fall Protection Training course consists of content, graphics, audio, self-check non-scored questions, and a final exam.
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Retraining is required in at least the following situations:
(1) Initial Training
(2) Where changes at the worksite present a hazard about which an employee has not been previously trained; or
(3) Where changes present a hazard in which an employee has not been previously trained; or
(4) Where inadequacies in an affected employee's work involving fall hazards indicate that the employee has not retained the requisite proficiency.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a Cal/OSHA regulations Construction Fall Protection training printable certificate and wallet card.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.