Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online course satisfies the training requirements for the Cal/OSHA Title 8 CCR, Section 3650 and 3664 Industrial Equipment, Lift Trucks and Tractors Training for General Industry.
Who must take this course?
Employers are responsible for ensuring that employees are properly trained to handle the responsibilities associated with the operation and maintenance of industrial equipment. Preventative training helps an employee understand how to stop an incident from occurring, such as knowing how to properly use specific equipment and the safety controls installed within that equipment.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a Cal/OSHA Industrial Equipment, Lift Trucks and Tractors Training printable certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our Cal/OSHA Industrial Equipment, Lift Trucks and Tractors Training course consists of content, graphics, audio, self-check non-scored questions, and a final exam.
This course presents an overview of the rules and regulations associated with the safe operation of industrial equipment, including lift trucks and tractors. The course provides a description of the safety requirements for operating industrial equipment, such as lift trucks and tractors. The course also gives an overview of rollover protective structures and their purpose, along with best practices and training standards for the use of industrial equipment.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- About This Course
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to Cal/OSHA Industrial Equipment, Lift Trucks and Tractors
- Key Terms
- History and Background
- Responsibilities - Employers
- Responsibilities - Employees
- Responsibilities - Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Industrial Truck Fundamentals
- Mast and Carriage
- Recommended Practices for Instruments
- Overhead Guard and Tires
- Applicable Regulations
- Classes of Industrial Equipment, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178
- Applicable Regulations for OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178
- Applicable Regulations for OSHA 29 CFR 1926. 1003
- Applicable Regulations for General Industry Safety Order 3650
- Applicable Regulations for General Industry Safety Order 3664
- Risk Mitigation and Safe Work Practices
- Controls - Batteries and Fire Protection/li>
- Controls - Lighting, Ventilation, and Braking
- Safety and Warning Devices and Emergency Response
- Program Content
- Training Requirements
- Refresher Training
- Additional Resources
Employers should provide refresher training whenever an operator demonstrates a deficiency in the safe operation of the truck. Refresher training should also include practical training and include an evaluation of the operator's performance in the workplace.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- Cal/OSHA Asbestos Awareness
- Cal/OSHA Benzene Safety
- Cal/OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- Cal/OSHA Cadmium Safety
- Cal/OSHA Confined Space
- Cal/OSHA Construction Confined Space
- Cal/OSHA Construction Fall Protection
- Cal/OSHA Construction Lead Exposure
- Cal/OSHA Cotton Dust Safety
- Cal/OSHA Electrical Safety
- Cal/OSHA Heat Stress/Illness Prevention
- Cal/OSHA Process Safety Management
- Cal/OSHA Respiratory Protection
- Cal/OSHA Respiratory Protection in Healthcare
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Construction Asbestos Hazards
- OSHA Water Safety, Drowning, Hazards
- OSHA Electrical Safety
- OSHA Eye & Face Protection
- OSHA GHS Hazard Communication (Right to Know)
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- OSHA Slips, Trips & Falls - Walking Working Surfaces
- Workplace First Aid