Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
The use of Asbestos is highly regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and OSHA. This online course focuses on the Asbestos Standard for the Construction Industry as described in OSHA 29 CFR § 1926.1101 and is intended to provide a general awareness of asbestos, the risks, and the regulations.
Who must take this course?
According to OSHA 29 CFR § 1926.1101(k)(9)(i): The employer shall train each employee who is likely to be exposed in excess of a PEL, and each employee who performs Class I through IV asbestos operations, in accordance with the requirements of this section.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a OSHA Asbestos Standard for the Construction Industry Training printable certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our OSHA Asbestos Standard for the Construction Industry Training course consists of content, graphics, audio, self-check questions, and a final exam.
This course is designed to assist employers and employees in understanding the standards set forth in 29 CFR § 1910.1101 relating to working with asbestos in the construction industry.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- Course Introduction
- Course Description
- Course Approach
- Course Layout
- Introduction to Asbestos
- Class I Asbestos Work
- Class II Asbestos Work
- Class III Asbestos Work
- Class IV Asbestos Work
- PEL (or Permissible Exposure Limit)
- Training Requirements
- Asbestos Exposure Assessment and Monitoring
- Barriers and Signage
- Methods of Compliance
- HEPA-filter Dust Collection Systems
- Enclosure or Isolation
- Engineering and Work Practice Controls
- Work Practices
- Protective Clothing
- Glove Bag Systems
The length of time for which the training is valid is determined by OSHA 29 CFR § 1910.1101(k)(9)(ii):
Training shall be provided prior to or at the time of initial assignment and at least annually thereafter.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- OSHA Aerial Boom Lift Safety
- Arc Flash Safety
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Chemical Hazards & Toxic Substances-Construction
- OSHA Construction Confined Space
- OSHA Construction Confined Space Competent Person
- OSHA Construction Electrical Safety
- OSHA Construction Ergonomics
- OSHA Construction Fall Protection
- OSHA Construction Hot Work
- OSHA Construction Lead Hazards
- OSHA Construction Lockout Tagging of Circuits
- OSHA Construction Scaffolding
- OSHA Construction Silica Safety
- OSHA Construction Steel Erection
- OSHA Cranes, Derricks & Hoists
- OSHA Eye & Face Protection
- OSHA Fork Lift Safety
- OSHA Hearing Conservation & Protection
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- Industrial Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Ladder & Stairway Safety
- OSHA Mold, Mold Prevention, and Mold Remediation
- OSHA Nail Gun Safety
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Scissor Lift Safety
- OSHA Slips, Trips & Falls - Construction Industry
- OSHA Trenching & Excavation Safety
- Workplace First Aid Overview