Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This course applies to all construction work where an employee may be occupationally exposed to lead. Construction work is defined as work for construction, alteration and/or repair, including painting and decorating.
This online training course focuses on the Lead Safety Standard for the Construction Industry as described in OSHA 29 CFR § 1926.62 and is intended to provide a general awareness of lead, the risks, and the regulations.
Who must take this course?
According to OSHA 29 CFR § 1926.62(l)(1)(ii): The employer shall train each employee who is subject to exposure to lead at or above the action level on any day, or who is subject to exposure to lead compounds which may cause skin or eye irritation (e.g., lead arsenate, lead azide), in accordance with the requirements of this section. The employer shall institute a training program and ensure employee participation in the program.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a OSHA Lead Safety for the Construction Industry Training printable certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our OSHA Lead Safety for the Construction Industry Training course consists of content, graphics, audio, self-check questions, and a final exam.
This course is designed to assist employers and employees in understanding the standards set forth in 29 CFR § 1926.62 relating to working safely around lead in the construction industry.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- Major elements of OSHA's Lead Safety Standard
- Exposure assessment
- Work practices
- Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL)
- Compliance program
- Engineering controls
- Work practices
- Hygiene facilities and practices
- Protective clothing
- Medical surveillance
- Medical removal
- Employer responsibilities
- Worker training and information
- Warning signs
- OSHA assistance
The length of time for which the training is valid is determined by OSHA 29 CFR § 1926.62(l)(1)(iv):
The employer shall also provide the training program at least annually for each employee who is subject to lead exposure at or above the action level on any day.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- OSHA Aerial Boom Lift Safety
- Arc Flash Safety
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Construction Chemical Hazards & Toxic Substances
- OSHA Construction Asbestos Hazards
- OSHA Construction Confined Space
- OSHA Construction Confined Space Competent Person
- OSHA Construction Electrical Safety
- OSHA Construction Ergonomics
- OSHA Construction Fall Protection
- OSHA Construction Hot Work
- OSHA Construction Lockout Tagging of Circuits
- OSHA Construction Scaffolding
- OSHA Construction Silica Safety
- OSHA Construction Steel Erection
- OSHA Cranes, Derricks & Hoists
- OSHA Eye & Face Protection
- OSHA Fork Lift Training
- OSHA Hearing Conservation & Protection
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- Industrial Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Ladder & Stairway Safety
- OSHA Mold Abatement, Remediation & Removal
- OSHA Nail Gun Safety
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Scissor Lift Safety
- OSHA Slips, Trips & Falls (Construction)
- OSHA Trenching & Excavation Safety
- Workplace First Aid