Who Is Taking This Course? (required)
Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and you can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
This course applies to all construction work where an employee may be occupationally exposed to lead. Construction work is defined as work for construction, alteration and/or repair, including painting and decorating.
This online training course focuses on the Lead Safety Standard for the Construction Industry as described in OSHA 29 CFR § 1926.62 and is intended to provide a general awareness of lead, the risks, and the regulations.
Who must take this course?
According to OSHA 29 CFR § 1926.62(l)(1)(ii): The employer shall train each employee who is subject to exposure to lead at or above the action level on any day, or who is subject to exposure to lead compounds which may cause skin or eye irritation (e.g., lead arsenate, lead azide), in accordance with the requirements of this section. The employer shall institute a training program and ensure employee participation in the program.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- Course Introduction
- Course Description
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Ways Lead Can Enter the body
- Symptoms of Overexposure
- How can workers become exposed to lead?
- Major elements of OSHA's Lead Standard
- Lesson 2: Lead Exposure
- Lead in construction
- Who is at risk for lead exposure?
- Where are workers most likely to be exposed to lead?
- Exposure Limits
- Exposure assessment
- Interim protection for workers
- Employee Notification Of Monitoring Results
- Limiting workers' exposure to lead
- What is a compliance program?
- Lesson 3: Protecting Workers
- Engineering controls
- Exhaust ventilation
- Enclosure or encapsulation
- Component replacement
- Process or equipment modification
- Housekeeping practices
- Personal hygiene practices
- Change areas
- Showers and washing facilities
- Personal practices
- End-of-day procedures
- Protective clothing and equipment
- Handling contaminated protective clothing
- Preventing heat stress
- Respiratory protection
- Respiratory protection programs
- Selecting a respirator
- Lesson 4: Employee Information and Training
- Information and training program
- Warning signs
- OSHA Assistance, Services, and Products
- Lesson 5: Medical Monitoring
- Monitoring workers' exposure to lead
- Medical Surveillance
- Medical Exams
- Information for the examining physician
- When monitoring shows employee exposures above the AL
- After the medical examination
- Medical Removal Provisions
- Worker protections and benefits
- Final Exam
Our OSHA Lead Safety for the Construction Industry Training course consists of content, graphics, audio, self-check questions, and a final exam.
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
The length of time for which the training is valid is determined by OSHA 29 CFR § 1926.62(l)(1)(iv):
The employer shall also provide the training program at least annually for each employee who is subject to lead exposure at or above the action level on any day.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a OSHA Lead Safety for the Construction Industry Training printable certificate and wallet card.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.