Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
OSHA's Hazard Communication final rule requires employers to train employees on the new label elements and safety data sheet format by December 1, 2013. This online course satisfies employee Hazcom training a.k.a. Worker Right To Know training requirements of OSHA 29 CFR § 1910.1200 revised in 2012, Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals and Hazard Communication Standard.
Who must take this course?
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200 (C) states:
Each employee who may be "exposed" to hazardous chemicals when working must be provided information and trained prior to initial assignment to work with a hazardous chemical, and whenever the hazard changes. "Exposure" or "exposed" under the rule means that "an employee is subjected to a hazardous chemical in the course of employment through any route of entry (inhalation, ingestion, skin contact or absorption, etc.) and includes potential (e.g., accidental or possible) exposure."
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 1 hour to complete this OSHA Hazard Communication (Worker Right To Know) online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a printable OSHA Hazard Communication (Worker Right To Know) certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.1 CEUs (or 1 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our OSHA Hazard Communication (Worker Right To Know) Training course consists of content, graphics, audio, and a final exam.
This course describes the standard, chemical and physical hazards, along with hazard controls that can be used to protect the health and safety of workers.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- Hazards overview
- About Safety, Health, Environment and OSHA
- Chemical hazards
- Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health (IDLH)
- Lethal Dose and Lethal Concentration
- Permissible Exposure Limits and Threshold Limit Values
- Routes of entry (inhalation, injection, ingestion, and absorption)
- Hazard Communication Standard and Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals
- Chemical labeling
- Chemical labeling pictograms and hazards
- Safety data sheets
- Exposure limits and permits
- Administrative hazard controls
- Engineering hazard controls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Monitoring and systems
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200 (h)(1) states:
Employers shall provide employees with effective information and training on hazardous chemicals in their work area at the time of their initial assignment, and whenever a new chemical hazard the employees have not previously been trained about is introduced into their work area.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- OSHA Aerial Boom Lift Safety
- Arc Flash Safety
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Confined Space Entry
- OSHA Confined Space Competent Person/Supervisor
- OSHA Cranes, Derricks & Hoists
- OSHA Eye & Face Protection
- OSHA General & Maritime Silica Hazards Safety
- OSHA Fork Lift Safety
- OSHA Hearing Conservation & Protection
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- Industrial Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Ladder & Stairway Safety
- OSHA Laser Safety
- OSHA Lockout Tagout
- OSHA Machine Guarding
- Medical Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Mold, Mold Prevention, and Mold Remediation
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Trenching & Excavation Safety
- Workplace First Aid Overview