Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online course satisfies the training requirements for OSHA 29 CFR § 1910.147 The control of hazardous energy or lockout tagout.
Who must take this course?
All authorized employees who service or maintain equipment, as well as equipment operators and any other affected employees who work in the area where lockout tagout is being performed (not including persons in the construction, agriculture and maritime employment) are required to take this training to meet OSHA compliance requirements for lock out tag out in (29 CFR 1910.147(c)(7)).
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this online Lockout/Tagout (Control of Hazardous Energy) course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a OSHA Lockout/Tagout - Control of Hazardous Energy training printable certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our online OSHA control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout) training course consists of content, graphics, audio, non-scored quiz questions, and a final exam.
This Lockout/Tagout course describes hazard identification, avoidance, and control, along with practical information on safe work practices.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- About this course
- Hazards overview
- OSHA overview
- Control of Hazardous Energy standard
- Equipment and energy hazards
- Application of the standard
- Energy control program
- Energy control program: procedures
- Energy control program: training
- Energy control program: periodic inspection
- Protective materials and hardware
- Energy isolation controls and application
- Lockout/Tagout release
- Additional requirements
- Outside personnel/contractors
- Group Lockout/Tagout
- More information
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.147(c)(7)(iii)(A-C) states:
Retraining shall be provided for all authorized and affected employees whenever there is a change in their job assignments, a change in machines, equipment or processes that present a new hazard, or when there is a change in the energy control procedures.
Additional retraining shall also be conducted whenever a periodic inspection under paragraph (c)(6) of this section reveals, or whenever the employer has reason to believe that there are deviations from or inadequacies in the employee's knowledge or use of the energy control procedures.
The retraining shall reestablish employee proficiency and introduce new or revised control methods and procedures, as necessary.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- OSHA Aerial Boom Lift Safety
- Arc Flash Safety
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Confined Space Entry
- OSHA Confined Space Competent Person/Supervisor
- OSHA Cranes, Derricks & Hoists
- OSHA Dipping, Coating, and Cleaning Operations Training
- OSHA Eye & Face Protection
- OSHA General & Maritime Silica Safety
- OSHA Fork Lift Training
- OSHA GHS Hazard Communication (Right to Know)
- OSHA Hearing Conservation & Protection
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- Industrial Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Ladder & Stairway Safety
- OSHA Laser Safety
- OSHA Machine Guarding
- Medical Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Mold Abatement, Remediation & Removal
- OSHA Oil and Gas Extraction
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Trenching & Excavation Safety
- Workplace First Aid