Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online hazmat shipping certification course meets the training requirements for AFMAN 24-204 IP Preparing Hazardous Materials For Military Air Shipments.
AFMAN 24-204 is also known as TM 38-250 for the U.S. Army, NAVSUP PUB 505 for the U.S. Navy, MCO P4030.19I for the U.S. Marine Corps, and DLAI 4145.3 for the Defense Logistics Agency.
Who must take this course?
Any worker that are responsible for preparing, packing, marking or labeling, certifying and documenting or handling hazardous materials shipments for military air transport as part of their job.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 4 hours to complete this online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a printable AFMAN 24-204 Preparing Hazardous Materials For Military Air Shipments training certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.4 CEUs (or 4 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our AFMAN 24-204 training course consists of content, graphics, audio, and a final exam.
This online course provides a wide range of topics related to classifying, identifying, packing, marking/labeling, documenting, and shipping hazardous materials (dangerous goods) by U.S. military air transport, based on Air Force Manual 24-204 IP.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- basics of AFMAN 24-204 IP and how it governs the transport of hazardous materials when they are entered into the Defense Transportation System (DTS) as cargo on military controlled aircraft.
- what hazardous materials are and general steps on how to ship them by air
- how the manual is organized and what each chapter/attachment covers
- dangerous goods limitations and compatibility
- classification of dangerous goods into nine UN classes
- identification of dangerous goods including UN Numbers and Proper Shipping Names
- packing requirements
- markings, labelings, and placardings
- certification/documentation including the Shipper's Declaration For Dangerous Goods
- special requirements of radioactive materials
According to AFMAN 24-204 § A25.5. Training Frequency:
All hazardous material personnel must receive initial training and subsequent refresher training at 24-month intervals. This applies to all levels (i.e., Handlers, Packers, Inspectors, Technical Specialists, and Preparers) of required training.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include: