Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online course focuses on the Trenching and Excavation Safety Standard for the Construction Industry as described in OSHA 29 CFR § 1926 Subpart P and will address identification and correction of hazards, soil testing methods, trench protection systems, and general safety requirements.
Who should take this course?
All employers, supervisors and workers whose job duties require them to be in or around trenching and excavation work.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a OSHA Trenching and Excavation Safety Training printable certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our OSHA Trenching and Excavation Safety Training course consists of content, graphics, audio, self-check questions, and a final exam.
This course is designed to assist both employers and employees to achieve compliance with the safety standards set forth in 29 CFR § 1926 Subpart P relating to working in and around excavations and trenches. The course content is presented in a straightforward, easy-to-understand style with quizzes after each section to help the student retain the material.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- Hazards encountered in trenching and excavation work
- The four types of trench collapses and the causes of each type
- Soil testing and soil types
- Safe trenching and excavation work practices
- Types of trench protection systems
- General regulations and requirements for trenching and excavation work
- Helpful links for additional information on trenching and excavation regulations
According to 29 CFR 1926.21 Safety training and education:
(b) Employer responsibility. (2) The employer shall instruct each employee in the recognition and avoidance of unsafe conditions and the regulations applicable to his work environment to control or eliminate any hazards or other exposure to illness or injury.
It is our recommendation that workers be retrained on Trenching and Excavation Safety at least every three years.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- OSHA Aerial Boom Lift Safety
- Arc Flash Safety
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Confined Space Entry
- OSHA Confined Space Competent Person/Supervisor
- OSHA Cranes, Derricks & Hoists
- OSHA Dipping, Coating, and Cleaning Operations Training
- OSHA Eye & Face Protection
- OSHA General & Maritime Silica Safety
- OSHA Fork Lift Training
- OSHA GHS Hazard Communication (Right to Know)
- OSHA Hearing Conservation & Protection
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- Industrial Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Ladder & Stairway Safety
- OSHA Laser Safety
- OSHA Lockout Tagout
- OSHA Machine Guarding
- Medical Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Mold Abatement, Remediation & Removal
- OSHA Oil and Gas Extraction
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- Workplace First Aid