Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online course satisfies the training requirements for the OSHA 29 CFR § 1910.119 Ammonia Refrigeration Process safety management of highly hazardous chemicals.
Who must take this course?
According to OSHA 29 CFR § 1910.119(g)(1): Each employee presently involved in operating a process, and each employee before being involved in operating a newly assigned process, shall be trained in an overview of the process and in the operating procedures.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 1 hour to complete this online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a OSHA Ammonia Refrigeration Safety Training printable certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.1 CEUs (or 1 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our OSHA Ammonia Refrigeration Safety Training course consists of content, graphics, audio, self-check questions, and a final exam.
This course is designed to assist employers and employees in identifying and controlling the hazards associated with the operation and maintenance of ammonia refrigeration systems. This course consists of Ammonia Receiving and Storage, Safety, and Emergency Response modules.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- About this course
- Recognition and Control
- Properties of Ammonia
- Receiving and Storage
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Emergency Response
The length of time for which the training is valid is determined by OSHA 29 CFR § 1910.119(g)(ii)(2):
Refresher training shall be provided at least every three years, and more often if necessary, to each employee involved in operating a process to assure that the employee understands and adheres to the current operating procedures of the process. The employer, in consultation with the employees involved in operating the process, shall determine the appropriate frequency of refresher training.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- OSHA Aerial Boom Lift Safety
- Arc Flash Safety
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens for Tattoo Artists & Body Piercers
- OSHA Chemical Hazards & Toxic Substances-General
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Confined Space Entry
- OSHA Confined Space Competent Person/Supervisor
- OSHA Cranes, Derricks & Hoists
- OSHA Crude Oil Hazards
- OSHA Drowning & other Water Hazards
- OSHA Electrical Safety (General Industry)
- OSHA Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, & Fire Protection
- OSHA Eye & Face Protection
- Firefighter Confined Space Entry
- OSHA General & Maritime Silica Hazards Safety
- OSHA Fork Lift Safety
- OSHA Hand & Power Tool Safety (General Industry)
- OSHA Hazard Communication (Worker Right to Know)
- OSHA Hearing Conservation & Protection
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- Hot Work General Industry
- OSHA Ionizing Radiation Hazards
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Ladder & Stairway Safety
- OSHA Laser Safety
- Industrial Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Lockout Tagout
- OSHA Machine Guarding
- OSHA Mold, Mold Prevention, and Mold Remediation
- OSHA Office Ergonomics
- OSHA Oil Spill Cleanup Hazards Overview
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Personal Protective Equipment
- OSHA Portable Fire Extinguishers
- OSHA Respiratory Protection
- OSHA Scissor Lift Safety
- OSHA Slips, Trips & Falls - General Industry
- OSHA Trenching & Excavation Safety
- Workplace First Aid Overview