What are the governing regulations?
This online Construction Fall Protection Safety training and certification course follows the regulations set forth in the Canada OHS Safety Standards, as well as Province and Territory specific regulations.
Who must take this training?
Working from heights is largely unavoidable in the construction industry, and can be very dangerous. Injuries and fatalities occur each year because construction workers were inadequately trained, didn't follow safety procedures, or used improper equipment when working from elevated heights. For this reason, safety training for each person working on a construction site is critical.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It was great. Thanks
Very helpful and efficient training system. I enjoyed my training experience and will take my knowledge to the field.
For more comments about our courses please see our page.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- About This Course
- Section 1-Course Objectives
- Section 2-Introduction to Construction Fall Protection Training
- Section 3-Basic Concepts and Definitions
- Calculating Fall Distance
- Reasonably Practicable
- Competent Person
- Section 4-Regulatory Bodies
- Fall Protection Regulations-OHS
- Fall Protection Regulations-CSA
- Fall Protection Regulations-ANSI
- Fall Protection Regulations-By Province or Territory
- Section 5-Risks
- Risk Identification
- Hazard Assessment and Planning
- Risk Control
- Purchasing Equipment
- Posting Signage
- Ensuring Proper Use of Equipment
- Ongoing Attention/Awareness
- Section 6-Fall Protection
- Fall Avoidance
- Work from the Ground
- Work from a Stable Work Platform
- Fall Protection
- Travel Restraint Systems
- Fall Arrest Systems
- Fall Protection Equipment
- Types of Guardrails
- Safety Nets
- Types of Safety Nets
- Locking Snap Hook
- Safety Belts
- Prusik Sling/Triple Sliding Hitch
- Double Line System Controlled Descent Devices
- Equipment Innovations
- When Fall Protection is Not Needed
- Section 7-Rescue
- Section 8-Responsibilities
- Section 9-Summary
- Section 10-Additional Resources
- Section 11-Exam
Our Canada OHS Construction Fall Protection Safety course consists of content, graphics, audio, self check (non-scored) questions, and a final exam.
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this Canada OHS Construction Fall Protection Safety Training online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
There is currently no retraining or recertification required by OHS specifically for Construction Fall Protection Safety.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a printable Construction Fall Protection Safety Training certificate and wallet card.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.