Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online Construction Fall Protection Safety training and certification course follows the regulations set forth in the Canada OHS Safety Standards, as well as Province and Territory specific regulations.
Who must take this course?
Working from heights is largely unavoidable in the construction industry, and can be very dangerous. Injuries and fatalities occur each year because construction workers were inadequately trained, didn't follow safety procedures, or used improper equipment when working from elevated heights. For this reason, safety training for each person working on a construction site is critical.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this Canada OHS Construction Fall Protection Safety Training online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a printable Construction Fall Protection Safety Training certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our Canada OHS Construction Fall Protection Safety course consists of content, graphics, audio, self check (non-scored) questions, and a final exam.
This course provides an overview of the hazards of performing work from heights and important information on how to work safely from them. Depending on the work being carried out, it may be necessary to complete site-specific or task-specific training in addition to general construction training.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- About This Course
- Section 1-Course Objectives
- Section 2-Introduction to Construction Fall Protection Training
- Section 3-Basic Concepts and Definitions
- Calculating Fall Distance
- Reasonably Practicable
- Competent Person
- Section 4-Regulatory Bodies
- Fall Protection Regulations-OHS
- Fall Protection Regulations-CSA
- Fall Protection Regulations-ANSI
- Fall Protection Regulations-By Province or Territory
- Section 5-Risks
- Risk Identification
- Hazard Assessment and Planning
- Risk Control
- Purchasing Equipment
- Posting Signage
- Ensuring Proper Use of Equipment
- Ongoing Attention/Awareness
- Section 6-Fall Protection
- Fall Avoidance
- Work from the Ground
- Work from a Stable Work Platform
- Fall Protection
- Travel Restraint Systems
- Fall Arrest Systems
- Fall Protection Equipment
- Types of Guardrails
- Safety Nets
- Types of Safety Nets
- Locking Snap Hook
- Safety Belts
- Prusik Sling/Triple Sliding Hitch
- Double Line System Controlled Descent Devices
- Equipment Innovations
- When Fall Protection is Not Needed
- Section 7-Rescue
- Section 8-Responsibilities
- Section 9-Summary
- Section 10-Additional Resources
- Section 11-Exam
- Fall Avoidance
There is currently no retraining or recertification required by OHS specifically for Construction Fall Protection Safety.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- Canada OHS Aerial Lift Safety
- Canada OHS Arc Flash Safety
- Canada OHS Confined Space Entry
- Canada OHS Confined Space Management
- Canada OHS Construction Asbestos
- Canada OHS Construction Lead
- Canada OHS Electrical Safety
- Canada OHS Fork Lift Safety
- Canada OHS Lockout/Tagout
- Canada OHS Scaffolding Safety
- Canada OHS Scissor Lift Safety
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Hand & Power Tool Safety (General Industry)
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Personal Protective Equipment