Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online lockout tagout training and certification course follows the regulations set forth in the OHS Safety Standards for Lockout/Tagout, as well as Province and Territory specific regulations.
Who must take this course?
All authorized employees who service or maintain equipment, as well as equipment operators and any other affected employees who work in the area where lockout tagout is being performed are required to take this training to meet OHS compliance requirements for lock out tag out. Additionally temporary personnel (seasonal or otherwise), as well as outside service and contractor personnel must also be trained in hazardous energy control.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this Canada OHS Lockout/Tagout Training online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a printable Lockout/Tagout Training certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our Canada OHS Lockout/Tagout course consists of content, graphics, audio, self check (non-scored) questions, and a final exam.
Lockout/tagout systems are a part of a broader program, referred to as hazardous energy control programs, which are programs designed to maintain a safe working environment around sources of hazardous energy. This course covers the various methods of lockout/tagout as well as the safety requirements dictated by federal regulations and industry best practices.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- About This Course
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to Lockout/Tagout
- Key Terms
- Regulations and Standards
- Regulations and Standards-CSA
- Hazardous Energy Programs and Lockout/Tagout Systems
- Information Gathering
- Task Analysis
- Hazard and Risk Analysis
- Implementing Controls
- Lockout/Tagout System Steps
- Maintenance and Service Operations
- Types of Lockout
- Individual Lockout
- Group Lockout
- Complex Group Lockout
- Site-Specific Procedures
- Specialized Tools and Devices for Lockout
- Lockout and PPE
- Training Lockout/Tagout Methods
- Authorized Individuals
- Affected Individuals
- Service or Contractor Personnel
- Lockout/Tagout System Implementation and More
- Alternative Methods of Hazardous Energy Control
- Lockout/Tagout Program Documentation
- Lockout/Tagout Refresher Training
- Lockout/Tagout Program Training Assessment
- Lockout/Tagout Program Review
- Lockout/Tagout Audit and Feedback
- Additional Requirements for Lockout/Tagout Procedures
- Common Lockout/Tagout Hazards and Risk Reduction
- Additional Resources
Effective hazardous energy control programs give their employees refresher training periodically. Refresher training should be given to all applicable employees, at a minimum of once every three years. This ensures all employees maintain an appropriate level of understanding of the hazardous energy control program procedures.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- Canada OHS Aerial Lift Safety
- Canada OHS Arc Flash Safety
- Canada OHS Confined Space Entry
- Canada OHS Confined Space Management
- Canada OHS Construction Asbestos
- Canada OHS Construction Fall Protection
- Canada OHS Construction Lead
- Canada OHS Electrical Safety
- Canada OHS Fork Lift Safety
- Canada OHS Scaffolding Safety
- Canada OHS Scissor Lift Safety
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Hand & Power Tool Safety (General Industry)
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Personal Protective Equipment