Who Is Taking This Course? (required)
Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and you can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
This online scissor lifts (aerial lifts) training and certification course follows the regulations set forth in the OHS Safety Standards for Aerial Lifts, as well as Province and Territory specific regulations.
Who must take this course?
The Scissor Lifts Safety Training - Canada Course is designed for drivers, workers, and supervisors, emphasizing hazard identification and safe work practices that apply to all scissor lift operators.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- Section 1-Course Objectives
- Section 2-Introduction to Scissor Lift Safety
- Section 3-Scissor Lift Fatalities and Injuries
- Section 4-Definitions
- Section 5-Responsibilities
- Section 6-Safety Factors and Requirements
- Rated Work Load and Material Requirements
- Proof Test
- Ductile and Nonductile Materials
- Fueling and Battery Charging
- Elevated Driving and Snagged Platform Requirements
- Section 7-Manufacturer Criteria
- Interlock Requirements
- System Protection-Unintended Platform Motion
- Power System
- Welding Standards, Electrical System, and Quality Control
- Section 8-Classification of Hazards
- Section 9-Uneven Surfaces
- Slope Warning
- Obstructions or Holes
- Brakes and Wheel Chocks
- Section 10-Falling
- Fall Protection
- Working Outside or Above Scissor lift Railings
- Three-Point Contact for Safety
- Section 11-Overloading
- Load Limits
- Use for Transport of Materials
- Section 12-Electrocution
- Insulated Components
- Contact with Overhead Wires
- Power Tools
- Section 13-Overextension
- Emergency Stops
- Section 14-Nearby Work
- Nearby Work
- Falling Objects
- Crushing/Pinching in Scissor Lift Mechanisms
- Section 15-Inclement Weather/Hazardous Atmosphere
- Wind Stability
- Snow or Ice on Platform and Hazardous Atmosphere
- Section 16-Inexperience/Improper Operation
- Untrained Workers
- Operator Training
- Workers Riding on Lifts
- Section 17-Mechanical Defects and Maintenance
- Inspection and Maintenance Records
- Inspections-Workplace Inspection Criteria
- Defective Scissor lift
- Safety Procedure After Mechanical Failure
- Prohibition of Alterations/Overrides
- Operator's Manual
- Section 18-Inadvertent Operation
- Position of Controls
- Section 19-Summary
- Section 20-Additional Resources
Our Canada OHS Scissor Lift Safety course consists of content, graphics, audio, self check (non-scored) questions, and a final exam.
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this Canada OHS Scissor Lift Safety Training online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Retraining is required in at least the following situations:
(1) Where changes at the worksite present a hazard about which an employee has not been previously trained; or
(2) Where changes in the types of scissor lifts, or other equipment present a hazard about which an employee has not been previously trained; or
(3) Where inadequacies in an affected employee's work involving scissor lifts indicate that the employee has not retained the requisite proficiency.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a printable Scissor Lift Safety Training certificate and wallet card.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.