Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online California/OSHA Asbestos Awareness course is intended to provide workers and their employers with an introduction to Asbestos, its dangers, and California's Cal/OSHA Title 8 CCR, Section 1529, 5208, 8358 regulations. Additional training beyond the scope of this course is required for persons working with Asbestos that exceeds the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL), and for those involved in Class I, II, III, and IV removal.
Who must take this course?
Employers are responsible for training employees in the recognition and avoidance of unsafe conditions and any regulations applicable to their work environment. In particular, any employee who handles or uses harmful or toxic substances must be trained on safe handling and use of the materials.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a Cal/OSHA Regulations Asbestos Awareness Training printable certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our Cal/OSHA Asbestos Awareness Training course consists of content, graphics, audio, self-check non-scored questions, and a final exam.
Welcome to the California/OSHA Asbestos Awareness Safety Training Course. Asbestos can cause serious damage to a person's health, even if they feel fine after initial exposure. The scariest thing about asbestos exposure is that the fibers can remain virtually undetected in the body until a person is diagnosed with asbestosis, lung cancer, or even mesothelioma. In this course, we are going to focus on the hazards of asbestos exposure and what you can do to lessen your risk of exposure.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- About This Course
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to Asbestos Awareness
- What is Asbestos?
- Types of Asbestos
- What Happened to Asbestos?
- Asbestos-related Diseases
- Key Terms
- Types of Asbestos Work
- Injury and Fatality Statistics
- Routes of Entry
- Units of Concentration
- Federal OSHA Regulations and Standards
- Additional Resources
- California Regulations and Standards
- Contractor Registration
- Employee Responsibilities
- Hazard Awareness
- Recognition of Health Hazards
- Employee Exposure and Medical Records
- Hazard Monitoring
- Multi-employer Work Sites
- Hazard Communication Standard (HCS)
- Hazard Classification
- Health Hazard Classes
- Safety Data Sheets
- Hazard Communication Program
- Exposure Controls
- Engineering Controls
- Glove Bags and Glove Box Systems
- Administrative and Work Practice Controls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Respiratory Protection
- Selecting Respiratory Protection
- Respirator Components
- Types of Respirators
- Respiratory Protection Program
- Additional Resources
Training shall be provided prior to or at the time of initial assignment and at least annually thereafter.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- Cal/OSHA Benzene Safety
- Cal/OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- Cal/OSHA Cadmium Safety
- Cal/OSHA Confined Space
- Cal/OSHA Construction Confined Space
- Cal/OSHA Construction Fall Protection
- Cal/OSHA Construction Lead Exposure
- Cal/OSHA Cotton Dust Safety
- Cal/OSHA Electrical Safety
- Cal/OSHA Heat Stress/Illness Prevention
- Cal/OSHA Process Safety Management
- Cal/OSHA Respiratory Protection
- Cal/OSHA Respiratory Protection in Healthcare
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Construction Asbestos Hazards
- OSHA Water Safety, Drowning, Hazards
- OSHA Electrical Safety
- OSHA Eye & Face Protection
- OSHA GHS Hazard Communication (Right to Know)
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- OSHA Slips, Trips & Falls - Walking Working Surfaces
- Workplace First Aid