Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online course satisfies the training requirements for the Cal/OSHA Title 8 CCR, Section 3395 Heat Stress/Illness Prevention Standard.
Who must take this course?
Employers are mandated by 8 CCR 3395 to train both nonsupervisory and supervisory employees on a variety of heat illness subjects. This training must be provided before the employee begins to work under conditions that may cause heat illness.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a Cal/OSHA Regulations Heat Stress/Illness Prevention Training printable certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our Cal/OSHA Heat Stress/Illness Prevention Training course consists of content, graphics, audio, self-check non-scored questions, and a final exam.
Heat illness awareness and prevention is an important subject for any person who must work outdoors in warm or hot weather. It is also a critical topic for outdoor employers in the state of California, which has recently amended and expanded its heat illness prevention regulations. This course will provide employers and employees with important information for avoiding heat illness resulting from work in the outdoors.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- About This Course
- Course Objectives
- Heat Illness Statistics
- What Is Heat Illness?
- Applicable Regulations
- Who Is Covered by 8 CCR 3395?
- Employer Responsibilities
- Employee Responsibilities
- Key Terms
- Heat and the Body
- The Importance of Sweating
- Heat and Work Activity
- Heat and Work Performance
- Physical and Lifestyle Risk Factors
- Heat Illness
- Heat Rash
- Heat Cramps
- Heat Syncope
- Heat Exhaustion
- Heat Stroke
- Heat Illness Prevention Regulations
- When and to Whom Does 8 CCR 3395 Apply?
- Overview of 8 CCR 3395
- 8 CCR 3395 (c) Provision of Water
- How Much Water Must Be Provided?
- 8 CCR 3395 (d) Access to Shade
- How Much Shade Must Be Provided?
- Where Must Shade Be Located?
- Preventative Cool-Down Rests
- 8 CCR 3395 (e) High-Heat Procedures
- Employer Responsibilities in High-Heat Conditions
- 8 CCR 3395 (f) Emergency Response Procedures
- 8 CCR 3395 (g) Acclimatization
- 8 CCR 3395 (h) Training-All Employees
- 8 CCR 3395 (h) Training-Supervisory Employees
- How Is Training Evaluated for Compliance?
- 8 CCR 3395 (i) Heat Illness Prevention Plan
- Cal/OSHA Penalties for Non-Compliance
- Additional Resources
Employee training must be provided in four situations:
- Before the employee is first assigned duties under this regulation
- Before there is a change in assigned duties
- Whenever there is a change in working conditions that presents a hazard for which an employee has not previously been trained
- Whenever the employer has reason to believe either that there are deviations or that there are inadequacies in the employee's knowledge or use of these procedures
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- Cal/OSHA Asbestos Awareness
- Cal/OSHA Benzene Safety
- Cal/OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- Cal/OSHA Cadmium Safety
- Cal/OSHA Confined Space
- Cal/OSHA Construction Confined Space
- Cal/OSHA Construction Fall Protection
- Cal/OSHA Construction Lead Exposure
- Cal/OSHA Cotton Dust Safety
- Cal/OSHA Electrical Safety
- Cal/OSHA Process Safety Management
- Cal/OSHA Respiratory Protection
- Cal/OSHA Respiratory Protection in Healthcare
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Construction Asbestos Hazards
- OSHA Water Safety, Drowning, Hazards
- OSHA Electrical Safety
- OSHA Eye & Face Protection
- OSHA GHS Hazard Communication (Right to Know)
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- OSHA Slips, Trips & Falls - Walking Working Surfaces
- Workplace First Aid