Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online course satisfies the training requirements for the Canada OHS Confined Space Competent Person/Supervisor training standard for competent persons, managers, and supervisors, as well as Province and Territory specific regulations.
Who must take this course?
This training is required for competent persons, managers, supervisors, and those who control access to confined spaces, as well as anyone who is responsible for establishing or managing a confined space program.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a Canada Confined Space Competent Person/Supervisor Training printable certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our Canada Confined Space Competent Person/Supervisor Training course consists of content, graphics, audio, self-check questions, and a final exam.
There are many hazards present when working in confined spaces. Many risks can be substantially reduced through the use of a Confined Space Plan, or CSP. This course, specifically for managers and supervisors, will provide a solid foundation for any organization to develop and manage a CSP. The course content is presented in a straightforward, easy-to-understand style with quizzes after each section to help learners retain the material.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- About This Course
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to Confined Spaces Management Training
- What is a Confined Space Program?
- Responsibilities of a Confined Space Program
- Responsibilities of the Employer (Management)
- Responsibilities of the Supervisor
- Responsibilities of Workers
- Responsibilities of the Attendant
- Responsibilities of the Emergency Response Team
- Responsibilities of the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Compliance Issues
- Variation Among Jurisdictions
- Best Practices
- Regulation and Legislation
- Due Diligence
- Elements of a Confined Space Program
- Identifying Confined Spaces
- Recognize a Confined Space
- Identify Hazards in a Confined Space
- Alternatives to Working in Confined Spaces
- Avoid Entry
- Minimize Time Spent in a Confined Space
- Proper Space Design
- Classifying Confined Spaces
- Preventing Unauthorized Entry
- Confined Space Hazard Assessment
- Control Plan
- Confined Spaces Permit Systems
- Rescue and Emergency Procedures
- Employee Training and Support
- Program Evaluation
- Emergency Response Planning
- Emergency Response Planning: Self-evacuation
- Emergency Response Planning: Non-entry Rescue
- Emergency Response Planning: Entry-required Rescue
- Emergency Response Planning: Rescue Equipment
- Emergency Response Planning: Communication
- Final Exam
Refresher training must be conducted; as required by your jurisdiction, or annually - whichever is less.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- Canada OHS Aerial Lift Safety
- Canada OHS Arc Flash Safety
- Canada OHS Confined Space Entry
- Canada OHS Construction Asbestos
- Canada OHS Construction Fall Protection
- Canada OHS Construction Lead
- Canada OHS Electrical Safety
- Canada OHS Fork Lift Safety
- Canada OHS Lockout/Tagout
- Canada OHS Scaffolding Safety
- Canada OHS Scissor Lift Safety
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Hand & Power Tool Safety (General Industry)
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Personal Protective Equipment