Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online course satisfies the annual training requirements for OSHA 29 CFR § 1910.95 Occupational noise exposure (Hearing Protection and Conservation).
Who must take this course?
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.95(k) states: The employer shall train each employee who is exposed to noise at or above an 8-hour time weighted average of 85 decibels in accordance with the requirements of this section. The employer shall institute a training program and ensure employee participation in the program.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 1 ½ hours to complete this online Hearing Protection and Conservation (Occupational noise exposure) course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a OSHA Hearing Protection & Conservation training printable certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our online OSHA Hearing Protection training course consists of content, graphics, audio, non-scored quiz questions, and a final exam.
This hearing conservation training program covers OSHA Hearing Protection standards, focusing on General Industry 29 CFR 1910.95. This course is targeted to employees who are exposed to excessive noise in the workplace. No prerequisite knowledge is required.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- About this course
- Hazards overview
- OSHA overview
- Noise and hearing
- Sound measurements
- Hearing loss
- Reasons for hearing loss
- Types of hearing loss
- Signs of hearing loss
- Hearing loss prevention
- Occupational Noise Exposure standard
- Engineering and Administrative Controls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hearing conservation program requirements
- Monitoring and hearing tests
- Hearing tests
- Hearing protectors, training, and record-keeping
- Controls and Personal Protective Equipment
- Hearing protection
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.95(k)(2) states:
The training program shall be repeated annually for each employee included in the hearing conservation program.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- OSHA Aerial Boom Lift Safety
- Arc Flash Safety
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Confined Space Entry
- OSHA Confined Space Competent Person/Supervisor
- OSHA Cranes, Derricks & Hoists
- OSHA Dipping, Coating, and Cleaning Operations Training
- OSHA Eye & Face Protection
- OSHA General & Maritime Silica Safety
- OSHA Fork Lift Training
- OSHA GHS Hazard Communication (Right to Know)
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- Industrial Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Ladder & Stairway Safety
- OSHA Laser Safety
- OSHA Lockout Tagout
- OSHA Machine Guarding
- Medical Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Mold Abatement, Remediation & Removal
- OSHA Oil and Gas Extraction
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Trenching & Excavation Safety
- Workplace First Aid