Select this if you are purchasing this course to take yourself. It will automatically be assigned to you.
Yourself & Others
Select this if you are purchasing more then one of these courses for both yourself and others. One will be assigned to you automatically, and can assign the remainder at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Select this if you are purchasing one or more of this course for others. You can assign them at any time after you have completed the purchase.
Enter the number of persons who will be taking this course.
This online course satisfies the training requirements for the OSHA 29 CFR § 1910.146 Permit-required and Non-permit Confined Spaces Standard.
Who must take this course?
This training is required for persons supervising confined space entry, entrants - employees entering and working within a confined space, and attendants - those persons tasked with assisting with the entry, but not actually entering themselves.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
It will take a MINIMUM of 2 hours to complete this online course. The student may log on and off as needed. A bookmark will be set so when they log back in they will return to where they left off.
Upon successful completion each student will have immediate access to a OSHA Confined Space Entry Training printable certificate and wallet card.
We have no restrictions on how long a person takes to complete a course.
Likewise, if you are purchasing for others, we have no time limit on assigning courses. So you can purchase a larger quantity then you currently need and take advantage of volume discounts.
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
Our OSHA Permit required and Non-permit Confined Space Entry Training course consists of content, graphics, audio, self-check questions, and a final exam.
This course presents an overview of the OSHA Confined Spaces regulations as they relate to competent entrants and attendants. It covers basic concepts and a general overview of the regulations, including proper methods and rules that authorized entrants and attendants must follow before, during, and after confined space entry.
Specific topics covered in this course include:
- About This Course
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to OSHA Confined Space Entry Training Course
- Types of Confined Spaces
- Key Terms
- Incidents and Statistics
- Regulatory Agencies
- Entry Requirements
- PRCS Entry Permit
- PRCS Written Program
- Responsibilities: Entrants
- Responsibilities: Attendants
- Other Responsibilities
- Hot Work
- Non-permit Required Confined Spaces
- Hot Work Training
- Training Documentation
- Hazard Recognition
- Oxygen Deficient Environment
- Oxygen Enriched Environment
- Configuration Hazards
- Hazardous Atmospheres
- Other Potential Hazards
- Atmospheric Testing
- Measuring Exposure Levels
- Safety Controls
- Hazard Classification System
- Hazard Classes
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
- Safety Data Sheets
- NFPA Labels
- DOT Labels
- OSHA Labels
- Pipe Labels
- Hot Work, Welding, and Emergency Response
- Hot Work Safety Practices
- Authorized Entrant Responsibilities
- Gas Welding and Cutting
- Cylinder Safety
- Arc Welding and Cutting
- Emergency Response
- Additional Resources
The length of time for which the training is valid is determined by OSHA 29 CFR § 1910.146:
(g) Training. (1) The employer shall provide training so that all employees whose work is regulated by this section acquire the understanding, knowledge, and skills necessary for the safe performance of the duties assigned under this section.
(2) Training shall be provided to each affected employee:
(i) Before the employee is first assigned duties under this section;
(ii) Before there is a change in assigned duties;
(iii) Whenever there is a change in permit space operations that presents a hazard about which an employee has not previously been trained;
(iv) Whenever the employer has reason to believe either that there are deviations from the permit space entry procedures required by paragraph (d)(3) of this section or that there are inadequacies in the employee's knowledge or use of these procedures.
Other related Compliance Training Online® courses (see our complete list of courses) include:
- OSHA Aerial Boom Lift Safety
- Arc Flash Safety
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- OSHA Cold Stress & Injury Safety
- OSHA Confined Space Competent Person/Supervisor
- OSHA Cranes, Derricks & Hoists
- OSHA Dipping, Coating, and Cleaning Operations Training
- OSHA Eye & Face Protection
- OSHA General & Maritime Silica Hazards Safety
- OSHA Fork Lift Safety
- OSHA Hazard Communication (Worker Right to Know)
- OSHA Hearing Conservation & Protection
- OSHA Heat Stress & Illness Safety
- Industrial Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Labor & Industry Ergonomics
- OSHA Ladder & Stairway Safety
- OSHA Laser Safety
- OSHA Lockout Tagout
- OSHA Machine Guarding
- Medical Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA Mold, Mold Prevention, and Mold Remediation
- OSHA Outdoor Biological Hazards
- OSHA Trenching & Excavation Safety
- Workplace First Aid Overview